Peril in Echo Wood
Downtime is what you do for sessions you miss, unless by popular consent of the party that is what the group decides to do for that session. It is the player’s responsibility to get in touch with me and let me know what they are doing during that time. Please use EvilGM for all die rolls if not handling it at the start of the next session.
- Ply Trade: You spend the day working at a profession or craft to make a little money. In each case, pick a Craft or Profession skill and make a check. The result divided by 5 = gold pieces earned that day (remainders in sp or cp, depending). In addition, halve the earnings for Crafts skills.
- Perform: you can sell your services as a performer.
- Repair gear: Presuming you have the right Craft skill, you can take a day fixing broken or damaged equipment. Presuming an 8 hour workday, you may choose one of three options:
1. Take 20 and successfully repair 1 pt. of damage that day.
2. Make one Craft check (DC 20) to repair 1d8 pts. of damage.
3. Make eight Craft checks (DC 20 each). Each check fixes 1 pt.
HP damage repaired can be all on one item, or spread between several items. An object must be restored to over half it’s HP to remove the Broken condition. An object with 0 HP is wrecked beyond repair.
- Healing: Spending a day resting allows a character to recover HP = twice their character’s level, and 2 damaged ability points. These numbers can be doubled if another character takes the day to administer long term care with the Healing skill (DC 15). Characters playing nurse may tend up to 6 injured characters (roll for each separately). A Healer may instead may treat up to 50 people for injuries from Caltrops (and related menaces) and/or disease (DC 15 for each patient), or up to 8 people for deadly wounds (DC 20 for each patient). You can spend Labor capital to improve your roll at a 2/1 ratio. See the Heal skill on pg. 99 of the core book for more details.
- Add a spell to your spellbook: Characters dependent on spell or Recipe books (Alchemists, Investigators, Magi, Witches & Wizards for example) may spend the day transcribing up to 8 spells/recipes from other sources into their spellbooks. See pg 219 in the rules in the core Rulebook. Magic capital can be used to reduce costs.
- Construct buildings: downtime capital can be used to build or improve structures. Thornkeep’s size as a Small town limits the amount of capital that can be spent to 15/day.
- Craft Magic Items: See core rules, pg. 548, for more details, but each day of downtime spent crafting counts as 8 hours towards your goal, and Magic capital may be spent to reduce costs.
- Craft mundane items: See the revised rules in the Ultimate Campaign Guide, pg 84 (or the online d20 psrd).
- Earn capital: See the downtime rules in the Ultimate Campaign Guide, chapter 2 (or the online d20 psrd).
- Earn XP: you spend the day doing supporting, low-risk adventuring that earns you XP = one level appropriate encounter. You earn no XP, and earned XP in this way cannot raise you passed the highest XP total held by your fellow PCs.
- Gather Info: you may make up to three Diplomacy checks to gather information from knowledgable or reliable contacts (expending 1 Influence capital adds + 5 to all three checks).
- Promote a Business: See the rules in the Ultimate Campaign Guide, pg 85 (or the online d20 psrd).
- Recruit for an Organization: See the rules in the Ultimate Campaign Guide, pg 86 (or the online d20 psrd).
- Research a Spell: See the rules in the Ultimate Campaign Guide, pg 86 (or the online d20 psrd).
- Research Facts and Lore: you may make up to three Knowledge checks to gather information from knowledgable or reliable sources (expending 1 Influence or Magic capital adds + 5 to the three checks, depending on the subject).
- Retrain: See the retraining rules in the Ultimate Campaign Guide, pg 188 (or the online d20 psrd).
- Run a business: See the downtime rules in the Ultimate Campaign Guide, chapter 2 (or the online d20 psrd).
- Scheme for an upcoming adventure: See the rules in the Ultimate Campaign Guide, pg 87 (or the online d20 psrd).
- Train an animal: See the rules in the Ultimate Campaign Guide, pg 87 (or the online d20 psrd).